Yoga is for everyone. Get started here!
We’ve got you covered.
One month of unlimited yoga. Any class, any time!
Sumit’s Yoga was created by Sumit Banerjee based on his own years of experience practicing and teaching various yoga styles including Bikram and Vinyasa. His sequence and style of teaching reinforces his primary objectives as a teacher: helping others to realize the powerful wellness benefits of yoga including a stronger, toned and more flexible body and an improved state of mind encouraging relaxation, self-acceptance and awareness.
Sumit understands the healing aspect of heat. “It’s simple”, he says, “In a yoga class, you practice poses that require stretching and compression of the joints, muscles, ligaments and other supporting structures of the body. Your body naturally protects itself from physical exertion by generating heat from the inside muscles outwards. We start with the heat up front…providing that extra protection from the very first poses. Another added benefit is that your body burns fat more effectively. It’s not uncommon for our students practicing regularly to lose inches of shape in a relatively short time”.
Sumit encourages all students – newcomers and experienced students alike – to begin and maintain a consistent practice regardless of the style preferred. “You’ll benefit from class by your effort regardless of how far or deep you get. As long as you are feeling it and you are breathing calmly, you’re practicing correctly”. We look forward to meeting you!
- Sumits 80
- This is an 80 minute HOT yoga class, and the core of our yoga world here at Sumits. In the Sumits Practice we take static poses to create focus, …add vinyasa flow for strength and flexibility, play motivating and appropriate music, and all is done in the heat for your health! This amazing combination promises a unique, uplifting, rejuvenating experience. This series of poses will stay the same each class, but no two practices are ever identical … the challenge is yours to create! Each body-bending, mind centering, heart expanding session aims to strengthen your core, increase flexibility, and restore balance—all while you sweat out toxins, increase your blood flow, and flush fat in a heated room. This class is perfect for beginner and experienced yogis alike.
- Sumits 60
- Sumits 60 in a one hour format.
- This is a truly unique vinyasa practice that uses your own breath to link your movements while working on poses to tone, strengthen, and improve your balance and focus. This class, set to music, is great for those yogis ready to take the next step in their yoga journey, but is also appropriate for beginning students as well! Expect arm balance and inversion options in this practice, and if there is something you would like to work on in class, don’t be afraid to let your instructor know! This powerful practice is a fantastic way to get in touch with your breath, and connect your body and mind through intense flow. No two classes are ever the same!
- Our Sumits 60 class but with “spiritual” music.
- Yin Nidra/Restorative
- Join us for this warm yoga class that aims to increase flexibility, release stress and alleviate tension in the body. Yin Yoga has the same goals and objectives as any other yoga practice; however, it directs the stimulation normally created in the asana portion of the practice deeper than the superficial or muscular tissues. Yin Yoga targets the connective tissues, such as the ligaments, bones, and even the joints of the body that normally are not exercised very much in a more active style of asana practice.
- Slow Flow
- Why do gentle yoga? To renew the mind, body, and the spirit. Gentle Stretch yoga focuses on using the breath as a tool to release tension, and to find a deeper state of relaxation. This class is the perfect complement to other Sumits Yoga classes, and will help to quiet your mind and invites you to release deeply held tension.
- Sumits Yoga Sculpt is a unique combination of power yoga and strength training. It is an intense and challenging workout designed to strengthen every student’s yoga practice. A total body workout, sculpt classes are set to energizing music and designed to tone and sculpt every major muscle group. In this class free weights are added to a power flow sequence, creating resistance and intensifying each pose. Exercises such as pushups, squats, lunges, bicep and triceps curls are integrated to build lean muscle mass, increasing strength and flexibility and boosting metabolism, all while having fun. Students are responsible for their own weights for this class. Weights are provided on a first come first serve basis.
- PiYo isn’t like standard Pilates and yoga classes that make you hold long, intense poses, or lead you through dozens of repetitive, microscopic core movements. Rather, PiYo speeds up everything—including your results—by introducing you to dynamic, flowing sequences that can burn serious calories at the same time as they lengthen and tone your muscles and increase your flexibility.
- Hot 90 (similar to Bikram)
- Coming Soon!
How old do I need to be to take class?
We welcome all students over the age of 15 at Sumits Hot Yoga, however, if you are under the age of 18 you must have a parent or legal guardian sign for you. Remember, it’s fun to take yoga as a family, and we do offer family plan pricing!
What method of payment does Sumits Hot Yoga accept?
We take Checks, Cash, Visa, Master Card (both credit and debit card) and Discover Card.
What should I bring with me to class?
Please bring your yoga mat, a towel, an open mind and a positive attitude! If you do not yet have a yoga mat or a towel we sell and rent them at the studio.
How long are the classes?
Classes last approximately 1 hour (but vary based on class type). Please arrive 15 minutes before scheduled start time to register.
How often should I practice?
We recommend practicing 4-5 times per week to obtain the maximum benefits. You will receive the same benefits with a reduced practice schedule – just in a longer period of time.
What should I wear?
Lightweight, breathable, and comfortable clothing is recommended. Men are generally most comfortable in shorts, bathing suits and T-Shirts. Women usually wear sports bras, tank tops, shorts, leotards or bathing suits. When deciding on how to dress remember you will be sweating, so dress accordingly … but be comfortable!
I am both older and not very flexible. Is yoga for me?
ABSOLUTELY! Yoga is for people of all ages and for people with all ranges of flexibility. There can be unlimited benefits to people of all ages and flexibility who correctly practice yoga.